You may find various cores for different fire door in daily life. Honeycomb, Chipboard core, Mineral board core, Halspan core and etc. How should we distinguish all these door cores? Today we’ll have a talk about those regular cores you may see in different conditions.
1. Honeycomb: Honeycomb paper can provide good support and can greatly reduce production costs. As an environmentally friendly material, honeycomb paper is widely used in the internal filling of steel doors and economical wood composite doors.This material can reduce the weight of the door but the disadvantage is obvious, is not to provide good sound insulation.
2. Chipboard: Chipboard also known as particleboard, low-density fibreboard (LDF), and chipboard is an engineered wood product manufactured from wood chips, sawmill shavings, or even sawdust, and a synthetic resin or other suitable binder, which is pressed and extruded. Oriented strand board, also known as flakeboard, waferboard, or chipboard is similar, but uses machined wood flakes offering more strength. All of these are composite materials that belong to the spectrum of fiberboard products.Fire rated door 20 minute, 30 minute is available.
3. Mineral core: mineral fire door core board is a new generation of non-flammable fire insulation products. It is mainly a natural magnesium oxychloride inorganic environmental protection material, which is formed by mechanical flow-pressing and compounding. It has the characteristics of non-inflammable, non-explosive, water-resistant, oil-resistant, chemical-resistant, non-toxic, and high mechanical strength. Fire rated door 45, 60, 90 up to 120 minute is available.
Asico door provides with a full series of wooden fire rated door BS476 certified FD30,FD60,FD90,FD120 which is made of solid wood, chipboard, mineral core or halspan chipboard. Furthermore Asico door processes the UL wood fire door with mineral core, fire overlayer board, fire rated MDF. The fire rating time can reach 20mins, 45mins, 60mins, 90mins. Meanwhile Asico door mainly takes use of the honeycomb into the hollow metal fire door American UL listed fire rating 1hr, 1.5hr, 2hr and 3hr.
ASICO Wood Fire Door comply to Underwriters Laboratory (UL) standards, NFPA standards and BS EN standards:
● UL 10B, Fire Tests of Door Assemblies (neutral or negative pressure)
● UL 10C, Positive Fire Pressure Tests of Door Assemblies
● NFPA 252, Standard Methods of Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
● BS476 Part 22, Standard British Fire Door tests.
● EN1634-1, Standard European Fire Door tests.
Asico Production Line: